Monday, July 9, 2007

The Week in Records.






Framtid-Beyond the Ashes
This was impossible to get when it came out and since then has become an ebay big money staple. Since I prefer to be on the other end of the "$100 for a record that came out in the past 5 years" equation, I've been living with downloaded version. I was more than happy to pay $7.50 for this though. One of the 5 best bands going, but you should already have known that. For the hardcore.



Lebenden Toten- Death Culture Deprevation 8"
I could go into a big spiel about how it's stupid to press an 8" because it costs more than an LP, but who cares. After dropping a huge 8 dollars(8 dollars!) I really could care less about all that crap. This band was already one of my favorites, and this is their best record yet. You'll hear a lot of people go "blah, blah, Confuse, blah, Disorder", but this band is totally original to my ear. Get this if you can.





Ebba Gron- Pro-Rock 7"
I had their first 7" (Anti-rock), and played it to death, so I figured I should pick this up. While it's not as good as the first one, on first listen, it's still totally solid. Poppy punk from Sweden in 1978. I know some of their later material is not so hot, but if you get a chance, get their early stuff.



Blitz-All out attack 7"
I had tried to pick this up online a few times but wasn't able to, so I was very happy to get this as a birthday present. Obviously I already had these songs(a couple on 3 different records already), but if you know me, you know why I wanted this. Plus so many pictures of these 4 hunks. One of the best punk records of all time.








Dead Boys-All this and more Lp

This was another birthday present. This is a bit better than the Night of the Living Dead Boys Lp, but I'm not sure how it compares to Twisting on the Devil's Fork Lp(don't have it). I'll probably pick that up and maybe do reviews of all three together and compare. Anyway, this record rules, has all the hits(and more). For some reason I used to not like the Dead Boys, but I was wrong. You might not think that you need "live" albums, but this one is well worth your lunch money.



and then...


I don't know how to rotate it, but here's a poster I just got for my room. High art.































Someone find me this, I'll make it worth your while

No comments: