Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Records Records Records

Dinosaur Jr.-Bug
I had a tape of this when I was in 9th grade but hadn't heard it in forever. But since I started living with indie-rock Rich he had it on the computer and I had to get it. Freak Scene is god.

Hermit Prose-Down Beats Sect
I basically buy everything that I can on Crust War so this was a no brainer, totally heavy, crushing, yadda yadda. Plus all those stupid 2003 boston straightedge bands wish they could think of a name as dumb as hermit prose.

Germ Attack-Canadian Concentration Camp
Pretty cool 7", really straight forward hardcore punk, maybe a more generic Varukers (uh....). Some of the lyrics were dumb, such as the patronizing song about "Woman's Liberation". Worth getting for sure still though.

Dead Boys-3rd Generation nation
a re-mix of the 2nd Dead Boys album, a little bit better than the original, rougher. I basically got this because Lex was able to get a discount. Ain't it fun still rules and the Stones cover still sucks.

Awakening-reissue/unreleased
I had the Final Feast 7" and have loved it for years, so i figured I'd get this. Pretty killer shit. A chunkier BDI maybe?, whatever this kills. The unreleased stuff is also up to par.

Vulpess -pic disk
Got this quite a while ago but still wanted to waste your time on it. Probably the best reissue of the past few years. Spanish 70s girl punk that blows away all the retro shit, and most of the big names from the original era(the Damned). For punks.


Cococoma-new single on Goner
Probably my favorite band of the new wave of garage punk. keeps up to the standard on their Shit Sandwich single. Worth your time for sure.

No comments: