Friday, July 27, 2007

A day in the life...




I work delivering drugs to nursing homes and since most of the people there are out of their fucking minds, it's high time I start chronicling some of my daily life (blah!). At least once a week I'm going to blab about something that happens. If you are offended by this, you must be more insecure than I thought.

Whenever I pass people I always give them a smile and a nod, and occasionally they'll ask me to help them. If it's something like pushing their wheelchair 3 feet, of course I'll do it. If they're asking me "when Donna is coming" or "change my diaper", of course I can't help them. I'm the fucking delivery guy.

Yesterday some 90 year old woman flags me down as I'm walking and I stop and say hey. She keeps asking me to come closer as she's reaching out for me. I'm about a foot and a half away from her at this point and she's bawling at me to come closer. I ask if she wants me to do anything, and she says "I just want to touch you". She's screaming and crying so hard at this point that I can't even understand what she's saying, even though it's a broken record. "I just want to touch you, I just want to touch you". Since I'm not about to let some 90 year old woman cop a feel, I just shrugged my shoulders and went on my way.

No comments: