Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Top 10 NYHC SONGS

I'm always making music top 5, 10, 100 lists. Since these are essentially a waste of time, they are tailor-made for a blog. So every once in a while I'll be dropping one of these for all of y'all. Finally your life has meaning.

Up first, TOP 10 NEW YORK HARDCORE SONGS.

I know I'm being extremely liberal with "New York", but so be it. I know I'm being extremely conservative with "Hardcore". That's because I know what I'm talking about. Sorry, no mega obscurities here either. As much as you might want to pat yourself on the back because you know who Our Gang or No Thanks is, you can't fuck with the classics.

10. Warzone-Crazy but Not Insane
If every Warzone song sounded like this they would be worthy off about half the praise that they get.

9. Reagan Youth - New Aryans
Word is that this record was originally supposed to have come out on Crass Records, but they ditched at the last minute. Compare this to anything that they put out around that time(1984) and see if they it was a good idea.

















8. Raw Deal-Wall of Hate
I chose the Raw Deal version over the Killing Time, because this is a list of Hardcore songs, not shitty metal songs.







7.Urban Waste- Public Opinion
Perfect


6. Youth of Today- Stabbed in the Back
As much as 1000 shitty bands have tried, you really can't ruin this.

5.Cro-Mags -Show You No Mercy
Fucking great, but people can get over it.

4. Born Against-Mary and Child
To be honest it really took me a long time to get into this band. I was wrong.





3. Citizen's Arrest-Serve and Protect
Word has it that they are doing a reunion. That sucks. They are still my favorite band.















2.Life's Blood-Not for the Weak
Duh.










1. Agnostic Front-Discriminate Me
Funny how this band wrote this song about not being able to find a job because of how you look, and then went on record "Public Assistance". Outside of a few of the racist lines, I actually agree with the lyrics to Public Assistance to an extent, however the irony is not lost. That aside, this kills.



If you disagree with some of my choices, good for you. Maybe there is something happening in there after all. Hope this was as boring to read as it was to write.

No comments: