Friday, August 10, 2007

Area 51-Discography 10"





This came out about many years ago, was recently re-released as a 12", which reminded me that I had wanted the 10", so that's what we have here.. I'll go on record and say that the Death Wish Kids 7" is one of the 10 best records of the 90s, so it even seems strange that I lagged so long on picking this up. To the best of my knowledge this is the first band of Andrea Zollo, of Death Wish Kids (God), Murder City Devils and Pretty Girls Make Graves(no thanks). Don't let those last two scare you away, this is amazing out-of-control hardcore, with no cheesy retro trappings so common today. Even though this is over 10 years old, it's still extremely unique, without tripping over itself trying to be so. Those paying attention have probably noticed that I hate talking about the music when I write music reviews. Just get this (or the new 12"), this is a fucking classic.

No comments: