Monday, September 3, 2007

It never ends.


Usually I try to stay away from reviewing old records. It usually seems arrogant and tedious. But, after looking through my weekly record purchases I realized that I hadn't got anything that was brand new, so I guess that rule is out the door. I'll try to keep it brief. It's my blog and I'll cry if I want to.

V/A-Back from the Grave Vol. 3 LP
Had been waiting for a local store to stock these. I already had Vol. 1 and 2, so this seemed like the next logical step. More raw 60s garage-punk, still it all sounds fucking great. Nothing that leaps out at you like the best tracks on Vol. 1 and 2, but I'm sure repeated listens will help. Start with 1 and 2, listen to "Victim of Circumstances" and "Rat's Revenge" a hundred times, then get this. Worth your milk money.

Black Lips-We did not know... LP
More stuff I didn't have from the best garage-punk band of today. They are all the rage these days, which in my younger, more reactionary days would have seriously bummed me out. Luckily I'm through caring. Not the best place to start (the Let It Bloom Lp) but this compilation is a welcome addition. One of the best bands going today for sure.

Confuse-Spending Loud Night EP
Reason for existence. Absolute godhead hardcore noise.

Thee Headcoatees- I'm Happy/ Park It Up Your Arse 7"
2 throwaway tracks. I wouldn't bother, but if you insist, I'll sell you mine.

Sacrilege-Behind the Realms of Madness LP
This is basically the perfect metal album as far as my tastes go. It's got all that heavy drive without any of wank-pose that usually turns me off of all metal. This fucking kills.

I'm needing to find a place to live in the next few weeks, so don't be surprised if I tone down the records for a few weeks.

No comments: